This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Sunday, December 08, 2002

Slate and his new beau are here. We're watching a movie and eating turkey and potatos and green beans and I've got a pumpkin pie in the oven. Two things really quick, then I'mma go finish the movie with them.
1) I'm really glad that Slate and his guy are really into each other. I'm happy for him. But I'm jealous, too. Having given up, it sucks to see that it's possible for everyone else but me.
2) I really like being all domestic and house-wifey. I like cooking and cleaning and taking care of my man and kid. But nowadays men want women who are independent and career-oriented. If I'd been this age twenty/thirty years ago, I'd be the perfect woman. Hell, screw that. I am the perfect woman. I just don't know where my life is headed. And even if I did, I'd be perfectly willing to disrupt it for the right person, or the right set of circumstances. Or even the wrong ones, as I've done in the past.
Laters