This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

People do not change. But they do hide behind a facade of themselves, portraying people they don't even wish they could be. And sometimes it's possible to find the person they really are, to bring that person out from behind the mask, out from the shell into the world they only pretend to live in. And some people hide forever in that shell, knowing the fact that others see them as something else, too afraid or comfortable to know even themselves, much less anything or anyone else. And I wonder if I am one of the former or one of the latter. Because I know that the me others see is not the me I am or want to be. And I know that while I WANT others to see me, the real me, I also hide behind that facade-sometimes even to the point of building it up and enforcing it.
And still the question remains: Who am I?
Laters