This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Sunday, February 02, 2003

I don't know why. But I DO get offended when people mention god. No, that's not it. I get offended when they say they're going to pray for me or try to tell me about god as if I've never heard of jesus. Like the only reason I could POSSIBLY not be christian is because I've been living under a rock for the past ...oh, my entire life. Please! I'm not christian because of WAY too many reasons. Not the least of which are the "look how christian I am" christians. The people who are truly awful people, but they do "good deeds"-and not because they want to, out of the goodness of their hearts. Because for the most part there is no goodness in their hearts. They do it out of either a) fear of hell, or b) to glorify themselves so that when they look in the mirror they don't cringe like they should. And their deeds are not that great anyway. AND they do them with obvious contempt. I just think it's incredibly WRONG that I'm more christian than most christians and I think I'm god. And by 'christian' I mean loving and caring and forgiving-the things christ actually taught, not this "hate the uninitiated" diatribe most organized religions try to cram down the throats of the masses. So I guess the long and short of it is-if you feel you have to pray for me, be my guest. But don't tell me about it. Because I don't care. And I don't need it. And god's busy enough ignoring your prayers for yourself without the added irritation of whining about me.
Laters