This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Ya know, I call Amethyst the antichrist. But in general she's a really good kid. Which is why I just do NOT understand the last few days. She's been fussy and screamy and tantrumy. Whenever I put her to bed-or down for a nap-she screams for 'grammy' or 'papa' or 'Stormy'. And kicks her little legs and flails her little arms and flops her little body around. I mean throws a FIT. And I thought it was because she needed mommy attention, that she hasn't been getting enough of me. Until I realized that I've been spending MORE time with her, not less. And I've been taking her out to do the things that SHE likes to do and spoiling her rotten and hugging her and kissing her and playing with her and reading to her and singing to/with her. So she throws fits? And I give in. I don't LIKE her being all screamy and fussy. Until today when I just had it. I threw her in the bathtub and gave her a cold shower. It's what works for her. And she calmed down and went to bed without a problem when I talked to her about why I did that and she told me that she knew she'd done wrong and that she was sorry. I just love that we can kinda work things out between the two of us. Since for the time being it IS just the two of us. Not forever, though, and she'll have to adjust to that. Hell, so will I. But I think I'll like it. I know I will.
Okay, I'm rambling. *sigh* Stupid sleep deprivation.
Laters