This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 30, 2003

I'm lost
I'm lost and I shouldn't be
I've walked here before
tread these broken dreams
shredded my feet on these shattered hearts.
Barefoot and naked,
I walk here again
down the familiar pathways
towards the door I've been through before.
But I'm lost.
The pathways are familiar
yet I know them not
I've been here before-
haven't I?-
and this time...
this time I should know.
I should know to turn back
walk away
rewind, reverse, back up, run
run screaming
even though I know no one will hear my cries.
Yes, I walk these pathways
of my own shattered dreams
and broken hearts.
The familiarity is of the old dreams.
I'm lost because Time keeps killing new ones.
And I've always been alone.