This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Monday, February 03, 2003

"We've just been introduced. I do not know you well. But when the music started something drew me to you side...Shall we dance? On a bright cloud of music shall we fly? Shall we dance? Shall we then say goodnight and mean goodbye? Or perchance, when the last little star has left the sky, shall we still be together with our arms around each other and shall you be my new romance? On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen, shall we dance? Shall we dance? Shall we dance?"
I dreamt we were alone together, walking along some beach somewhere. We were holding hands and having the most...phenomenal conversations. The exact kinds of conversations I always knew we'd have. It must have been sunset-or perhaps sunrise and we'd just spent the entire night together. Either way, the sky was lit up in the most amazing colours. I've never seen a sunset like it, nor a sunrise. We both noticed and stood in awe as the entire world put on a show just for us. And it WAS a show, the colours singing straight into the middle of us, our hearts and heads. Then the world started turning again the way it has to, the way it does for everyone else. And we looked into each other's eyes and almost kissed...then we laughed and ran further along the beach never letting go of each other.
WAS it a dream? Or perhaps a wish or a fantasy? Maybe even a daydream? I can SEE it, though, in my head, see the perfection of it, the beauty and PERFORMANCE. It's a beautiful dream.
"What I crave is the darkness made by enfolding arms, the silence which is not solitude but compassion holding its breath."
Laters