This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Saturday, July 02, 2005

The baby died. I watched it, lying there in a puddle of blood between her legs. So small, so tiny, really, its miniscule heart beating so fast, so fast, slowing, slowing down, stopping. I watched the baby die. I watched the baby die, the baby so long awaited, the baby wanted, planned for, loved. I watched the baby die. My eyes bled, my heart cried...or was it the other way around?
I watched the baby's heart stop, lying there in a puddle of blood between her legs. I watched the baby die.
And went home to the child who lived. The child who hadn't been planned for, the child it took so long to love. The child of beauty, the treasure.
But first I watched the baby die.
Laters