This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Monday, August 29, 2005

Virgo's Virginity

Mine was taken some time in August of 1997. I don't remember the date, just that it was barely a week or month until my eighteenth birthday. I'd wanted to wait until that birthday, but I was still seventeen when I gave mine away. I took his, too. We called him 'Lurch', my sisters and I. Lurch because of his clumsiness, his looks, his willingness to be with me? I do not remember the whys, but Lurch he was and Lurch he has remained.
What do I remember of that day? Not much. The first clumsy attempt failed, but Lurch didn't realize it, and I didn't point it out. The next day was still clumsy but at least a vaguely successful attempt. I didn't bleed. I remember that. The rest is mostly a blur.
A year later I met Ruby. I was already pregnant. Irony, no? Not even a year of screwing and I get myself pregnant. Even more ironic was that my mother and doctor had wanted me to be on birth control to regulate my menstral cycle since I was fifteen. Foolish of me to decline... Anyway, Ruby. We met on the first of September, 1998. Four days before my birthday. "Officially" started dating on the eighth-and what makes it "official" other than a word or a question? I took his virginity on the fifteenth. I was already in love with him, and I remember the desperation to make him mine. You never forget your first. Almost three years later he was gone. Seven years later and here I sit, remembering September fifteenth, 1998. I remember so much about that night. Stupid little details. Stupid little me.
The only other person who I know has given me his virginity is Olive. Which surprised me, given the other two virgins I'd been with and their awkward and uncomfortable fumblings. Olive was neither of those things. In fact, I have to say he's definitely one of my top five, at least where sex is concerned.
Maybe I'm thinking too much about sex. Maybe because I'm not having any? Well, I could be, Denim wants to take back up again now that Olive is out of the picture. He has all sorts of crazy ideas, too. Some of which sound interesting. Some of which just don't. *shrug* We'll see. Right now I don't have the time for it, much less the energy. Too much working, not enough playing. Maybe I'll play next week, while I'm on vacation. The third through the eleventh off...yes, that's going to be NICE.
Laters