This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Muggles

Have you ever had that feeling that you're the only one who sees the world around you? The only one with a foot in reality, noticing things as they ARE, not how others WISH they could be?
Have you ever wondered if this life is just a test, and what, exactly, are you being tested on? Have you ever wanted to make the criteria for the rest of the planet?

I was a very intense child. I always got along better with teachers and other adults than I ever did with my 'peers'. I laugh, sometimes, at that word. 'Peers'. Who, in this life, has EVER been my 'peer'? When I was a child, I had the intelligence of an adult without the experience. And some of the insight while retaining the naivete of my youth. Of course, since then I've had plenty of experience and slaughtered my naivete. And STILL there's no one who can truly be called MY 'peer'.
Whoever said "still waters run deep"? Does that mean ONLY still waters do? Because these waters are rough and swift, raging. But below the surface lies a depth the term 'abyss' would be intimidated by.
And the monster lurks, and the monster spies, and the monster seeths beneath the surface of dreams. The monster waits. The monster is hungry.
...he feeds on my pain.
Laters