This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Did you ever have one of those thoughts you just shouldn't have been thinking? Or were ashamed of thinking, or even just didn't know why you were thinking it? So you passed it off as a dream? I do that. All the time. Anyway, I had a dream...
I dreamt that Slate was playing with Amethyst and he accidentally threw her over the balcony. And I was relieved. Because it wasn't my fault and now I had a reason to hate him.
I dreamt that I was out shopping, at a bookstore I think. And this guy came over and just started talking to me like we were the best of friends. Fast forward, we get married.
I dreamt that I killed myself and no one noticed. Then I dreamt it was an accident, but still dead and no one cared. I often dream about this. Because I know it would take a while-a long while-for anyone to notice I was gone.
I dreamt that I did the most incredible thing ever. The most phenomenal, the most world changing. And gave someone else the credit. Then that someone else did the worst and I took the blame. That's just like me.
I dreamt that Amethyst hated me. For all the reasons she should but I keep hoping she won't notice.
I dreamt my parents loved me. And knew me. And didn't desert me. And I dreamt that I believed all that was possible.
I dreamt I went walking in the wrong area at night and was somehow killed. Usually with a knife sliding into my black heart.
I dreamt someone worthy knew me, someone other than the one who does.
I dreamt...and I keep on dreaming.
Laters