This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 15, 2003

"And I find it kind of funny; I find it kind of sad. The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
"I have to turn my head until my darkness goes."
"I press my tongue to the top of my mouth 'cause my jaw it was tired from the thinking. And I stretch my toes to the end of the couch 'cause my back it was aching from sleeping."
"I'm reaching out for the higher ground. To a warm and peaceful place where I can rest my weary face."
"It lasted forever, and ended too soon."
"One minute you're waiting for the sky to fall. The next you're dazzled by the beauty of it all."
"She opens her heart to an old memory; she closes her eyes and she smiles. Just as her if she ever still thinks about me, she'll say 'every once in a while.'"
"I am everything you want; I am everything you need; I am everything inside of you that you wish you could be; I say all the right things at exactly the right time, but I mean nothing to you and I don't know why."
"Take a look. Here I am, can't you see? One simple smile from you could set me free. So if you take a look let your heart be your guide, I'll show you love if you take a look at the girl inside."
"I should tell you I'm disaster, I forgot how to begin it."
"I will be your everything."
"Don't give me songs. Give me something to sing about. I need something to sing about."
"Life is a game that no one wins, but you deserve a head start the way your life's going. So throw in the towel 'cause your life ain't shit-no, take the towel and hang yourself with it. Life's chort and hard like a body building elf. So save the planet and kill yourself. If you're feeling down and out with what your life is all about, lift your head up high and blow your brains out."
"Hey, don't write yourself off yet. It's only in your head you feel left out. Or looked down on."
"I could leave but I'll just stay. All my stuff's here anyway."
"I feel fine enough I guess. Considering everything's a mess."
"I'm tired of slowly sinking, still there's no one else to blame. I can't help it, I'm a quitter. From inside I'm cold and bitter."
"My heart is crushed by a former love. Can you help me find a way to carry on again?"
"Do you know what it feels like, being alone? I'll find someone new."
"I have faith in medication; I believe in the Prozac nation. You play doctor but I've lost patience."
"I have loved and I have waited. Been picked up and been sedated. Mental health is overrated."
"Just a dream, just an ordinary dream..."
"I'll be your dream; I'll be your wish; I'll be your fantasy. I'll be your hope; I'll be your love, be everything that you need."
"Who needs sleep? Well, you're never gonna get it. Who needs sleep? Tell me what's that for? Who needs sleep? Be happy with what you're getting; there's a guy who's been awake since the second world war."
"Where do we go from here?"
"Don't breath too deep; don't take all day."
"It's not what you thought when you first began it. You've got what you want; you can hardly stand it though, by now you know. It's not going to stop...'til you wise up."
And that's basically the way I'm feeling tonight. I just thought their words were a lot closer to the mark than they ought to be and a lot closer than my own. Anyway, I'm going to bed. We're getting up early to go try out for a game show. I'll suck, but Slate won't be as bad (mainly because I suck at history and he rocks at it). And who knows? Maybe we'll meet at least a couple of cute, intelligent guys. Of course, knowing my luck they'll be married or gay-which works for Slate but leaves me screwed (no pun intended).
Anyway. I am going to bed.
Laters