This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Sunday, October 31, 2004

"Two weeks away it feels like the whole world should've changed
But I'm home now
And things still look the same
I think I'll leave it till tomorrow to unpack
Try to forget for one more night
That I'm back in my flat on the road
Where the cars never stop going through the night
To a life where I can't watch the sunset
I don't have time
I don't have time
I've still got sand in my shoes
And I can't shake the thought of you
I should get on, forget you
But why would I want to
I know we said goodbye
Anything else would've been confused but
I wanna see you again"


"I couldn't tell you
Why she felt that way
She felt it everyday
I couldn't help her
I just watch her make
The same mistakes again
What's wrong, what's wrong now
Too many, too many problems
Don't know where she belongs
Where she belongs
She wants to go home but nobody's home
That's where she lies broken inside
No place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes broken inside
Open your eyes
And look outside
Find the reason why
You've been rejected
And now you can't find
What you left behind
Be strong, be strong now
Too many too many problems
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs
Her feeling she hides
Her dream she can't find
She's losing her mind
She's fallen behind
She can't find her place
She's losing her faith
She's fallen from grace
She's all over the place
She's lost inside, lost inside
She's lost inside, lost inside"


"Perfect by nature
Icons of self-indulgence
Just what we all need
More lies about a world that
Never was and never will be
Have you no shame, don't you see me
You know you've got everybody fooled
Look, here she comes now
Bow down and stare in wonder
Oh, how we love you
No flaws when you're pretending
But now I know she
Never was and never will be
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled
Without the mask where will you hide
Can't find yourself lost in your lie
I know the truth now
I know who you are
And I don't love you anymore
It never was and never will be
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled
It never was and never will be
You're not real and you can't save me
Somehow now you're everybody's fool"


"Your words won't save me now
I'm at the edge feeling the sweat drip for my brow
Get a grip on yourself is what they say
Ever hour everyday
Hands over my ears, i've been screaming all these years
When i die will they remember not what i did but what i haven't done?
It's not the end that i fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death
When we build these dreams on sand
How they all slip through our hands
This may be our only chance
Let's take this one day at a time
I'll hold your hand if you hold mine
The time that we kill keeps us alive
We came in search of answers
We left empty handed again
Shots fired into the sky are now returning
Where the fuck will you hide?"


"Well do you wanna talk about it,
Do you think you'd understand,
How things can get so fucked up
With such good intentions.
And if roofs turn to sky,
Held by the gravity of nothing,
An ironic and literal making of a bed.
You know, you can walk away,
But there is a reason to stay.
They make bad bad jokes,
It's okay not to laugh.
For every push forward,
You get the same fucking push back.
You had nowhere to go,
So you found someplace,
You have to say you start lying
What the fuck were you thinking?
I'm not sorry...
I'd do it all again.
All the lines between hate, love, and revenge"


"I can tell that you're watching me
And you're probably gonna write what you didn't see
Well, I just need a little space to breathe
Can you please respect my privacy
Why can't you just let me
Do the things I wanna do
I just wanna be me
I don't understand why
Would you wanna bring me down when
I'm only having fun
I'm gonna live my life (not the way you want me to)"


Just a few things that coincide with what I've been thinking.
Laters