This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Friday, November 05, 2004

You know, it occurs to me-too late, as usual-that just because someone asks doesn't mean they actually want to know.
Case in point, this woman I work with. (On a side note-WORK!!! I work now!!!) Anyway, she was asking about my online life. So I gave her this address. My theory? She'll come in Monday and either A) scream and run at the sight of me, B) look at me in horror and not speak to me, C) request to be transferred to another room-or department or floor or building or state altogether, D) not come in Monday, or E) come in, slap me in the face, vomit on my shirt, punch me in the stomach, kick me in the shins, and (just for good measure) break every bone in my body. I'm betting on E.
Okay, not really. I know she's rather on the conservative side, though, and my...lifestyle doesn't exactly fit into that type of thinking. She was very disturbed when I was talking about my husband (Slate, in case you've forgotten), and that's an opinion I can totally understand and even completely respect. I, myself, had to undergo major attitude and moral adjustments to marry a man just on paper. One of the things I adjusted to, though, was that he and I really do love each other, and the only thing missing from our marriage is sex-and while sex is a big deal for both of us, I honestly don't think we'd get along on that level (or on any other if that level were involved). We're just great friends, and have been for what seems to me to be a long, long time. Hell, I'm even the first one he came out to...
I don't know what else to say about that. Or anything. OH! One thing I DO have to say is that the Boohbah things look like frightening mutant fur turtles. Or is that just me?
Laters