This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 13, 2002

So I decided-even though I didn't post about it until now, it was a couple days ago-that I'm not gonna keep on scrogging. I know, I'm flighty. Chics are allowed to be that way. The question of why? Well, I don't care enough to expend the energy required to make all these hookups. That and I know that right now I'm in a bad way but sometime in the future I'll probably regret acting as foolish as I currently am. I know I have in the past. And...I know it's not what I want. Just because I'm pretty sure I won't find it doesn't mean I should compromise myself in the interim. My sister said that I probably do care and that's why I'm scrogging these boys. Because I want people to like me. External validation strikes again. So whatever, right? Anyway, I met this guy. And I like him. And I talked to him for four and a half hours tonight without anything being awkward. I even told him about my marriage dealie and all that weirdness. And he didn't freak out. Kewl. I even forgot for a while that I was talking to a guy, and was just talking as if I'd known him for a while and we were just getting reacquainted. It was really awesome. However, I refuse to put any enthusiasm towards the situation. Because I know it'll end up just another failure-apparently that's what I'm good at. But...four and a half hours. Usually I'm sick of people after ten minutes. And he offered to take me and Amethyst to see the next Harry Potter movie. Excellent. And he's got the added bonus of telling his friends that he's going out on a date with two cute chics. Even if I could find a babysitter-and I think Slate's got the weekend free-I can't go see that one without her. Damn, my thoughts are just coming out unordered tonight. Floating around aimlessly and flowing through my fingers the same way. So I'mma go. And I'll let you know how it goes with this one.
Laters