This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

There was a guy I knew once. Long ago and far away...but not so long memory has faded and not so far I can't reach it.
He was...I don't know. He understood when I talked, but I'm not sure if he ever understood ME. I loved him. God, what a fool. I love so easily...but that's not the point. This guy I knew, I told him things, things I'd never shared with anyone. And threatened him with flying monkeys if he ever repeated them, but still. I opened up a door to him, a door to my heart. Did he take it? Maybe. But then he cowardly crawled out the back window.
I talk to him every now and then. About nothing. His life, my lack thereof. It used to be so different. Once I used to TALK to him. TELL him things and listen to the things he had to tell me. What changed it? Time. Distance. Fucking circumstance. And lack of desire-on his part-to continue communications.
I asked him if he'd loved me. He said "yes". Liar. You don't give up on love.
Laters