This Doesn't Happen to Normal People

But what DOES happen to normal people? Email: iamthecoloursapphire@yahoo.com

Friday, October 18, 2002

The best thing that's ever happened to me? I'd like to say the birth of my daughter, but I was young and unprepared and I resented it at the time (here I should add that I love LOVE my daugher-she's great-it just took a while). Honestly, I don't know. I can think of several worsts, but not really a single best. I can think of a best OF certain things. Like a best present, a best picture, a best kiss. The best present: stickers. I know, sounds a little lame, but I was going through this period of wearing a sticker on my face everyday to cover up my mole-which is actually rather attractive on its own. But my best friend-who's now my roommate-knew how much I enjoyed doing it and got me this huge pack of stickers for Christmas. Its not that the present was inherently great, it's just that he knew me that well. The best picture: there's this one of my sister and I when we were kids, taking swimming lessons. This catches us just going in or just coming out of the pool, and the expressions on our faces-we were just terribly cute. And I can see why everyone thought we were twins. The best kiss: in his place, he's already fixed me a drink. I'm drinking it and he comes up behind me and starts...touching and kissing. His lips move slowly down the line of my face as he's turning me towards him. His lips barely brush mine and then...then we're kissing. It's like this explosion of the potential of the evening turning into a reality for which I'd only thought to dream. Physically, mentally, emotionally, I am completely focused on the meeting of lips and tongues and breaths and bodies. In that moment...ah, but it was only a moment. And an eternity ago.
Laters